Is my child psychic?
The life of a parent is complicated, particularly on your first go. There is a lot to learn about yourself, the brand new little being and how to navigate your updated reality. Having a child who presents with strong psychic talents can really make life interesting for parents as it adds a new layer of challenges.
The good news is that you are not alone! It’s perfectly natural for children to be in touch with spirits, guides and angels or to experience supernatural visions, or dreams. There are numerous cases of children who report with incredible accuracy details of their past life.
The reason for is this is that children are fresh from the source and until the age of 7 have not yet been conditioned to let go of their intuition in favour of rational thinking. During this time, they are highly sensitive to the energetic vibrations around them, which is why children are so empathetic to the emotions of others.
Some children, however, display extraordinary capabilities such as chatting with angels or family member who has passed. As a parent, it can feel very confronting or overwhelming, making it a challenge to work out what is going on with your child and how to best support them.
Common indications your child is psychic
- They absorb the energy of people around them. Because psychic children are so ‘open’ they pick up energy like sponges. For example, your child may be feeling happy and energetic, then suddenly change after being close contact with another child or adult who is in a bad mood. Your child will reflect that mood in their behavior by becoming cranky for no apparent reason.
- At times they have dreams, tell stories that make reference to past lives. Your little one could recall family members from their previous life or have nightmares about how they died.
- They seem to ‘feel to much’. Psychic kids have high levels of empathy and are easily overwhelmed by the emotions of others until they learn to separate their own feelings from the people around them.
- Most children invent imaginary friends too with at some point, but gifted kids are not always ‘imagining.’ Does your toddler ever appear to be watching or interacting with someone who isn’t there? Do your kids ever talk to angels or share information about people who have passed?
- Your kids hate crowds. Empathetic children are uncomfortable in crowded spaces. If your child is easily distressed by a crowd, it could be a symptom of psychic sensitivity. Large groups of people can overwhelm kids with extrasensory information as they are exposed to the vibes of so many different people all at once.
- Sleep is a frequent issue for psychic kids. During the night, they continue to ‘download’ spiritual messages, are awakened by vivid dreams or spirits. Early morning between 3-4am can be a particular issue as it is a potent hour for connecting with otherworldly beings. It can be scary for kids who are visited in the night and don’t know how to deal with it.
- Your child often comments about ‘colors’ around people, this is an indication they see auras. Commonly dismissed as a form of synesthesia or imagination, what these colors actually are is the bio magnetic energy field which all humans are surrounded by. Usually, the field is invisible to the naked eye, but spiritually talented kids are able to sense them.
If you think your child or children have special talents you can support them by;
- Spending time barefoot in nature. This practice is proven to help ground and soothe anxiety.
- Practice meditation together. There are many short guided meditations available for kids.
- Writing exercises (if they are old enough). Encourage your child to keep a journal or scrapbook as a sacred space where they can express their feelings and talk about their experiences. Their diary should be private, but it’s an exercise you can do together by allowing time once or twice a week to put on meditation music, sit in calm space and write for 20 minutes.
- Drawing together. This is a fantastic tool for kids to help express what they see, especially if they quite young and can’t yet express themselves verbally. You can ask them to draw the colours or people they see and then talk about it together.
- Read books for your own education, there are several authors who have written about intuitive children such as Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives by Jim Tucker.
The most important thing of all when raising an intuitive child is to be open-minded, loving and non-judgmental of their experience.