Misconceptions and your psychic Reading
Misconceptions that can ruin your reading
There can be a lot of unrealistic expectations around psychic readings due to misconceptions as to what happens during the process. Some people find the psychic world a little ‘spooky’ because of ideas they have about readings which come from movies and media.
Psychics have been the centre of interest ad debate for hundreds of years. Many ideas exist about who or what a clairvoyant is and what happens during a reading. In reality, a psychic is an average person with extrasensory gifts that enable them to sense and feel things that others cannot.
A person with extrasensory capabilities may be able to hear or see the information that is inaccessible with the standard five senses. Because there is no science to explain clairvoyant readings, many myths surround their practices that could negatively impact your session.
Most common myths about readings
- All psychics can predict the future with absolute certainty, and your reading will tell you precisely what is going to happen in the future.
- You will find out that you are cursed, hexed or jinxed.
- You will find out something horrible about the future.
- Psychics are mind readers and can invade your thoughts during a reading.
- A psychic knows everything and can tell you anything you want to know.
- You shouldn’t tell the psychic anything.
- Psychics are all con artists and only tell you what you want to hear.
The truth about readings
- What a god psychic will actually do is read potential outcomes for the future based on the energy that currently surrounds you. Any predictions made about the future are not concrete because human consciousness has free will, and our lives are not predetermined at birth. We are continually collaborating with the future; you have the choice to change your path at any time.
- You will never hear a legitimate psychic tell you in a reading that you are cursed or hexed. Heavy emphasis on never! If you are contacted by a psychic or attend a reading in which you’re told that you some kind of spiritual protection to remove a curse, leave immediately. That is the trademark of a fraudulent psychic as reputable clairvoyants don’t frighten clients into working with them.
- It is highly unlikely that a reading will reveal something terrible about the future. The information you receive during a reading is always for your highest good. That doesn’t mean that you are going to hear exactly what you want, but the messages are communicated with your best interests in mind.
- Some people incorrectly believe that psychics are telepathic because of misunderstandings about how extrasensory abilities work. During a reading, the clairvoyant or medium will pick up and read the information presented to them in your energy field or passed on by spirit guides, but they can’t hear your thoughts.
- Many people attend readings with the wrong impression; they believe the clairvoyant will give them clear, direct, ultra-specific answers to all of their questions. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, sometimes the messages which come through for the reader are not clear or easy to understand as they may be symbolic. In cases with mediums, sometimes your spirit guides will withhold information if you are not ready to hear it or it is in your best interest at the time. Your mindset, when entering a reading, also plays a big part. To enhance your reading, have questions prepared which relate to your intention and be as calm and grounded as possible. Chaotic energy is harder to interpret.
- Psychics, as we have established, aren’t mind readers and they can’t know everything about you, they can only work with the energy and messages that are available to them. It’s ok to provide clarification or verify the information offered by the clairvoyant. When you do so, you assist the reading by letting the psychic know you understand what they are talking about so they can direct the investigation with a clearer picture of what you are looking for.
- Based on illegitimate individuals posing as spiritual guides, some have gotten the wrong idea about the psychic community. True clairvoyants and mediums strive to provide the right advice and have a serious code of ethics. Genuine professionals understand that is would counterproductive to mislead their client by only telling them what they want to hear. The aim of a reading is guide and support so that the client can learn how to create a happier, more fulfilling life.
Attending a reading is a wonderful way to investigate your life from a completely different perspective. They can pull the lens back and allow you to see the bigger picture with greater clarity.